Lesson on Lions - Courage #5
Do some fun lion activities to get your kids talking about how a lion is courageous, and how we could be courageous too.
1. Read Prov.28:1- "...the righteous are bold as a lion."
2. Visit a lion at the zoo.
3. Daniel in the Lion's Den
a. Read Daniel 6 from the Bible or just tell the story
b. Watch one of the many Daniel and the Lions Den cartoons on youtube
4. Do this simple lion craft pictured here made from just a paper plate, noodles, googly eyes, and a crayon.
5. Watch this silly skit about homophones from the educational TV show "Between the Lions" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3prL9EHifw0
6. Watch this cartoon of Aesop's Fables "Androcles and the Lion" http://www.storiestogrowby.com/stories/androcles_frame.html
7. Play Lions and Lambs - this is just tag except the lion is "it" and the lambs all run away. Of course you could just all pretend you are all lions. Usually the most most simple idea seems to almost always be my kids favorite.
Have fun with your little lions.
Do you have any lion ideas or any other great ideas about teaching courage?