The Character Mom Makes Character Training Fun and Simple!
Welcome to this community of busy moms who share fun and simple activities, traditions, resources, and more for growing Christian character in our families.
Our Services for Encouraging and Equipping Overwhelmed Moms:
- Inspirational Speaking Events
"I would highly recommend Sarah Holmes as a speaker to any group... I wish every time we had a speaker that they were as relatable, relevant, practical and encouraging as Sarah was." --Ashley Blakeslee, NW Bible Church MOPS speaker coordinator
- "Character Corner"- See Sarah's monthly column in the digital version of Metrofamily Magazine .
- The Character Mom blog- Simple daily ideas and insight for fun character training.
- Free Downloads- At the beginning of each month, as a service to you, I add a couple of downloads to this site that are packed full of fun family-friendly activities for teaching a new character quality. They include holiday family traditions, games, songs, stories, Scriptures, and more.
- Pintentional Parenting Page - If you like Pinterest, you will love my brand new board. Many moms contribute to this smorgasboard of intentional parenting ideas.
The Importance of Early Training!
"A mother's presence throughout infancy and the entire preschool stage is important because more learning takes place in the child's first five years than in any comparable period of life. Experts agree that as much as eighty-five percent of a child's character is developed by age five, and the way a child is raised in the early years accounts for at least twenty points of his IQ." - from A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother